} -->

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Pregnancy Update // Week 38


It's not that hard to believe my last pregnancy update on this blog was at week 25. Since then we have relocated to the other side of the country and moved in with my parents (not to mention it is the 3rd time we have moved in a year) and Rion has started a new job. We moved here for the support of my family, a move I am quite glad I made because of all that has happened these past few months with the baby.

Morning Sickness
Until yesterday it had been weeks since I have been sick. I get the feeling every now and again but nothing tends to come of it and I have no idea what set yesterdays off. I was hoping it was because I had a feeling my waters had been slowly breaking throughout the day and it could be down to hormone imbalance but after a trip to triage, nothing came of it. 

Cravings
My recent craving has definitely been chocolate raisins! I literally will eat a bag a day at the moment and then finish it off with strawberry milkshake... I swear I am crash dieting when this pregnancy is over.

Emotions
As usual my hormones are all over the place. I washed my expensive Jeff Banks white duvet at the beginning of the week which came out of the wash with really strange brown muddy stains all over it. I got upset about that, soaked it and stuck it back in the wash again and then the stains came out. However, I was laying in my freshly cleaned bed the next day and I left my cartridge pen on the bed with no lid. Cue me having a mini breakdown, getting angry at my fiance for no point at all, and then getting in the bath and having a 30 minute sobbing session about how I am going to be a terrible mum. Also I have managed to somehow kill the peace lily that my other half got me for our anniversary. This is a plant that has been alone in our old house in norwich for the past 3 months without any water or sunlight and was fine. I have it for less then a week in my possession and it dies! A plant!

Movements
She literally never stops moving. 

Dreams
As usual - very weird. I dreamt last night that I was in cheltenham trying on wedding dresses that were changing colour. Then the assistant told me that I was too fat to get into anything... bizarre!

Size
I am huge. I am quite lucky that I have only gained a little bit of weight during my pregnancy and the majority of it is in my stomach. She has dropped such a vast amount that I am feeling like I need to pick my stomach up whenever I am walking around now too and it is soooo uncomfortable. 

Pains
I had some random pains a few nights ago. I honestly thought I was going into labour as I couldn't even walk to the bathroom or stand without it hurting. Turns out I had just pulled a ligament in my stomach and it was mixing with quite bad braxton hicks at the same time.

We are fully prepared for our daughter to arrive now except for needing a rain cover for our pram and putting the bedding on the crib. Both of our hospital bags are packed and all of her clothes for the next 3 months are carefully organised in her changing unit. I just want her to be here so that I can cuddle her constantly. Rion seems to be fairly keen on her arriving too so that he can cuddle her and carry her around in the sling constantly! I think I will be lucky to spend any time with my baby for the first 2 weeks if he is constantly going to be home!

Anybody else 38 weeks pregnant?  

Jessica x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger