} -->

Sunday 8 March 2015

Pregnancy Update // Birthing Plan

As a result of being on Fragmin my whole birthing plan has pretty much been taken away from me. I now have a list of things I can't have and can't do which is upsetting as I feel as though the whole experience is out of hands and everything that I wanted has been taken away from me. My original plan was to stay at home until the contractions were a certain amount of times apart in 10 minutes and then use the birthing pool and gas and air when I was admitted to the birthing unit.

Instead I have been told that once my waters have broken I am to go straight into the delivery suite and not the birthing unit. I can't have a birthing pool and I can't have an epidural (not that I wanted one anyway but the option would have been nice). I have also been told that if I feel like I am going to go into labour that day then I shouldn't inject myself. I don't know how you are supposed to tell in the morning if you feel like you are going to go into labour that day but hey! 

The doctors were very vague when they were explaining this situation to me and just kept repeating that they were very sorry and that all these things were necessary incase I was to bleed out during labour. Definitely not what I needed to hear.

So providing things go as smoothly as they can during my birth there are a few things that I am determined to keep the same. I want my fiance to cut the cord and I want our baby to go to him first so he has the first skin to skin contact. He's my massive support system and has been my rock during this pregnancy and I want to be able to give something back to him and I feel that this is it.

My due date is on the 17th of march so I have just 2 weeks left to go. I am getting to the stage where I am going insane and want to get this baby out but I am also trying to enjoy having my last free days before our little girl arrives!
Is anybody else at this stage in their pregnancy? If so, how are you doing and what are your birthing plans?

Jessica x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger