} -->

Friday 28 November 2014

Christmas Crackers!

It's that lovely festive time of year again where we see the return of the beauty advent calenders which  have been stocked and sold out within a day. If you are amongst those who didn't get your hands on one of the calenders and aren't willing to spend the ridiculous price of £200 on ebay for one then look no further! Here we have christmas crackers by the likes of clarins, OPI and Lancome!  If you come from a large family with a lot of girls then these are the perfect gifts for opening at dinner time. If not, then simply give the pack as a gift or individually as a stocking filler!
I'm not sure if I have read this properly, and I wouldn't be so shocked if I have, but I believe this is just for the one cracker... (it states multiple on the site but doesn't give a number of how many). Not really surprising for Jo Malone but as these only contain small sample sizes of products it hardly seems worth it! 
Created especially for QVC, the crackers include 3 limited shades of polish, a nail and cuticle oil, and a file and lotion. A lovely product for any girl who is forever painting her nails and based on the prices of all of the other crackers featured in this post, a real bargain!


From what I have seen this product is mainly available at Selfridges and can be brought online via the link. You get a pack of 6, with each cracker containing an iconic Clarins miniature. Products include the Rouge Eclat lipstick, Wonder Perfect Mascara and Beauty Flash Balm. Not too bad for Clarins but I would still say overpriced! 

However none are as expensive as the Lancome crackers! But if you work out the price of the premium products to the price of the entire box of crackers it works out about right. This is the best box by far... it contains the Hypnose Volume Mascara, Le Crayon khol Eyeliner, Advanced Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate, Lip Lover, L'absolute Lipstick and Bi- Facil Eye Make Up Remover. A complete refresh for all of your main make up needs! If I had more money then sense, I would definitely purchase this one! 

However, as it is just me and my fella this year I don't think any of these products will be of much use to us ( and by us I mean I don't think he will be too impressed if I begin frantically pulling 6 crackers by myself over dinner whilst he sits there with a mascara) so I hope it has helped people in finding inspiration for gift giving or for those who fancy getting the presents for themselves! 

If anybody happens to know of a place where you can get his and her crackers then I will be happy to hear it as I can't seem to find any! 

Jessica xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger