} -->

Saturday 7 March 2015

Pregnancy Update // Week 38 // Fragmin Injections


In my past 3 months of living here I have had 10 admissions to triage at Gloucester Royal. This is mainly due to light spotting, an ambulance ride from Tesco, and blood clots in my left leg. I was aware that this was something that might happen as my sisters had both had problems with this during and after pregnancy but I didn't believe it would happen to me because of how active I was. However, in the last month or so I feel like I have hit a wall. I am exhausted and struggle to walk anywhere which is a bit of a drag considering just over a month ago I would happily walk everywhere and go anywhere. 

So, about 2 weeks ago I felt the burning and cramping sensation in my leg that I was taught to look out for and headed into Triage. They confirmed that I had 3 blood clots in my left leg and have stuck me on 17,500ml Fragmin jabs for what could be up to another 5 and a half months. This means that I have to jab myself in the morning and again in the evening in the stomach to avoid the blood clots travelling around my body, and more importantly, to my lungs so I avoid a PE. 

The initial jab doesn't bother me but the bee sting pain that follows is horrible and my stomach is currently dotted with purple injection sites, huge yellow bruises and hard lumps. Plus, I am pretty sure my little baby knows when I am about to inject myself as she moves like crazy when I attempt to!

If anyone else is on these jabs or knows someone who is then I would sure love to hear from you. I don't know anyone else who is currently using frag, let alone someone who jabs themselves so any advice on this would be really appreciated! 

Jessica x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hanging Tree © All rights reserved · Theme by Smart Cookies Design · Blogger